Are you going to breed your dog? Before you do ask yourself the following questions?
1. Is it to let your kids see the miracle of birth.
2. Is it because your dog is the best dog you have had.
3. You think she need a litter before getting her spayed.
4. Your friend thinks your dog would make some nice puppies.
5. Do you think you will make extra money and get rich?
6. Your dog just won Best In Show and you want to better the breed.
7. Your dog more than meets the standards for his/her breed.
If you said yes to any of the questions 1 - 5. The I would say do not breed your dog.
1. Please say no. Your little Bobby or Jane can see the miracle of birth(a human birth) on a Health channel on Satty or Cable. Why take a chance of your dog having problems and needing to take a trip to your vet for a c-section. Do you have the money for the vet bill. A c-section can run you 480.00 to 1,200.00. I should know that's what the two c-sections for my dogs.
Or how would your kids feel if one of the pups is dead at birth or dies after birth or when the pup is 2 weeks old.
2. Everyone has the best dog in the world. Why is that? Any dog can be the best with training and love. And thinking your dog's puppies will be just as smart and the best dog in the world is just a dream. The only reason they would be is if they had the training. Trust me when I say every puppy has their own personality and they may not be the one your dog has.
3. If your vet has told you this I think it's time to find another vet. Some vets may say let her have her first heat or when she is older due to small size. But never because she needs a litter before getting fixed.
4. Will your friend give you money if your dog needs a c-section? Will your friend help take care of a sick puppy? Will your friend help find homes for all the puppies? Will your friend help clean up puppy poo? I don't know to many that will come over in the middle of the night to help birth a litter of pups. So why would you want to strees yourself and your family just because your friend thinks your dog would have some nice pups?
5. Getting rich? No No..Think you need extra food to keep your female in good health. Puppies will need puppy food around 4 to 5 weeks old. If you have a large litter the food bill can add up. Then think of the vet bill if the female needs a c-section or if a puppy gets sick. Then most states require a health check up at 8 weeks old before you can sale them. The what if they don't sale at 8 weeks old. The money to keep them up to date on vacs/dewormings and to update their health check up before the sale of the pups.
6. You have put in alot of time and you have found a mate that has won Best In Show and you know your puppies will be show quality. This would be a good reason to breed.
7. Just because you think your dog meets the standards doesn't mean a judge at a dog show thinks the same.
Botton line is breed if you have the money, time and want to better the breed. But never think you are going to make lots of money.
Phone: 1 352 634-1975
Hours to call Mon - Frid 02:00 pm to 05:30 pm
Sat & Sun 2:00 pm to 05:30 pm
We work hard to take care of our dogs so please don't call before or after the hours. You can text anytime with your questions. Don't ask us to lower our price because I will not. We put a lot of time and money into our puppies and dogs. Thank you and God Bless you.